The live streaming of the Olympic Winter Games presented challenges of tremendous scale and complexity, ultimately delivering more than 45 million live streams over 710 million page views! Online Olympics viewers enjoyed a vastly improved quality of experience—including the first Olympics to be streamed in HD—thanks to IIS Smooth Streaming and Silverlight.
During this webcast, you will hear from Perkins Miller of NBC, Mark Ramberg of Microsoft, and John Bishop of Inlet Technologies, who will tell you:
- Why NBC chose Microsoft Silverlight and IIS Smooth Streaming for the Olympics and the results they realized
- How Silverlight and IIS Smooth Streaming were used to create the Vancouver experience
- How adaptive technology works in a large-scale streaming implementation
- The importance of time synchronization and teamed encoders
- How to start delivering your content with IIS Smooth Streaming.
Register for the event, and watch it live or on-demand.