If you’ve enjoyed live web broadcast events like Wimbledon and Sunday Night Football on NBCSports, the UEFA Super Cup on Canal+, and Roland Garros and the Tour de France on France Télévisions, then you’ve witnessed first-hand the power of our Smooth Streaming technology, giving you a true HD experience through HTTP adaptive streaming. IIS Media Services 3.0 is the server magic that makes Smooth Streaming possible.
Now you too have the access to the same technologies that these innovative broadcasters have used to bring a new level of excitement to web-based media events. With Silverlight and IIS Media Services 3.0 you can:
- Produce live and on-demand true HD (720p+) HTTP adaptive streaming experiences,
- Deliver protected streams using PlayReady DRM, Smooth Streaming and Silverlight,
- Create enhanced interactive experiences with features like DVR, instant replay, multiple camera angles, alternate language tracks and in-stream data feeds.
Today we’re pleased to announce the availability of IIS Media Services 3.0.
IIS Media Services, an integrated HTTP-based media delivery platform, is composed of five extensions:
- Live Smooth Streaming, live adaptive streaming delivery to Silverlight
- Smooth Streaming, adaptive streaming of on-demand media for Silverlight
- Advanced Logging, rich, real-time client and server side logging
- Bit Rate Throttling, meters the speed that media is delivered to a player
- Web Playlists, secure sequencing of media content