Solution Accelrators are free tools and guidance from Microsoft. These can help accelerate the assessment, planning and deployment of Microsoft technology. I have been working with several retailers in the past few weeks that are evaluating Sharepoint for Vendor Collaboration as well as Intranet deployments and were seeking resources to help them with make some of their planning decisions. All of the solution accelerators can be found at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/solutionaccelerators/default.aspx but here is a list specific to SharePoint:
The Collaboration suite provides guidance and automated tools to proactively plan, integrate, deploy and operate SharePoint technologies.
- SharePoint Monitoring Toolkit
- SharePoint Capacity Planning Tool
- SharePoint Cross Site Configurator
- SharePoint Asset Inventory Tool
- Upgrade Toolkit for Windows SharePoint Services Sites and Templates Guide
- External Collaboration Toolkit for SharePoint
The Microsoft Online Services suite provides guidance that automates discovery and assesses requirements for migration to speed up the onboarding and migration process with Online Services products.