Catch Donald Farmer, Principal Program Manager, Microsoft Corporation and Lynn Langit, Developer Evangelist, Microsoft Corporation talk about Data Mining using examples in Retail in a Live Webcast on May 21, 11:30Am (Pacific).
The session looks at how an organization implements data mining to help the sales department better understand its customer base and forecast future sales based on historical trends. The webcast covers the data mining capabilities of the Microsoft business intelligence (BI) platform, including:
- Using Microsoft SQL Server Data Mining Add-ins for Excel for table analysis.
- Developing a mining structure with multiple mining models.
- Viewing mining model results including drill-through and reviewing accuracy.
- Viewing results of mining models using Data Mining Add-ins for Excel.
- Using the Time Series algorithm for forecasting.