I attended the Retail’s BIG Show 2007 today at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in NY. The session started off with a keynote by Steve Ballmer. The Seattle Times covered the keynote today (link). The show was impressive and well attended as usual.
- Checked out interesting solutions based on Microsoft Platform, Sharepoint and Office:
- Accruents Real Estate Performance Management Solutions: This is an interesting solution based on Virtual Earth, Sharepoint 2007, Office 2007, .Net 3.0, WPF, Vista.
- K2 Workflow Software: Workflow software for Sharepoint that enables you to create complex workflow processes using drag and drop solution assembly.
- Akona Systems Store Execution Management System: This solution is built on Sharepoint and enables HQ to assign, monitor and manage tasks across stores.
- Wipro’s Store Manager Workbench: This is a Sharepoint based solution designed to provide Store Managers with critical operational information in real time.
- SysRepublic’s Real Time Retail Solutions including the Fraud Detection Framework: Tesco reported an estimated 725% ROI in the first year of operation.