I have recently received countless request on providing more information regarding Excel Services installation on a Server Machine (Windows 2003). In this blog post, I will outline a quick overview of a Standalone installation for both 32 bits and 64 bits. A Standalone configuration implies that all the components of Excel Services are placed on a single machine (WFE, ECS, SQL DB).
- Ensure that Windows 2003 is installed without a previous version of Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server 2007
- Install .NET Framework 2.0
- Install .NET Framework 3.0
- Within IIS, set ASP.NET 2.0 to "Allow"
- Install Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server 2007 (Advance > Standalone)
- Once the installation is complete, a Post Setup Configuration dialog will appear. Complete the setup by selecting (Next).
Though this is a very high level view of the installation, it should be sufficient for most standalone deployments. some users may experience issues with Trusted Location, SSP creation, Site Collection creation, and other minor configurations. I will write other entries to address these issues in the near future.
Once again, I love getting feedback from users. If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions regarding Excel Services, please let me know.