DirectX Tool Kit (aka DirectXTK) is a collection of helper classes for writing Direct3D 11 code for Metro style apps, Windows 8 Desktop, and Windows 7 'classic' applications in C++.
- SpriteBatch - simple & efficient 2D sprite rendering
- SpriteFont - bitmap based text rendering
- Effects - set of built-in shaders for common rendering tasks
- GeometricPrimitive - draws basic shapes such as cubes and spheres
- CommonStates - factory providing commonly used D3D state objects
- VertexTypes - structures for commonly used vertex data formats
- DDSTextureLoader - light-weight DDS file texture loader
- WICTextureLoader - WIC-based image file texture loader
DirectXTex is a shared source library for reading and writing DDS files, and performing various texture content processing operations including resizing, format conversion, mip-map generation, block compression for Direct3D runtime texture resources, and height-map to normal-map conversion. This library makes use of the Windows Image Component (WIC) APIs. It also includes a simple .TGA reader and writer since this image file format is commonly used for texture content processing pipelines, but is not currently supported by a built-in WIC codec.