Hotfix for Time-Based SPD Actions Available

Hi folks, Gabe Hall here again.

If you are using ‘Pause For Duration’ or ‘Pause Until Date’ in your workflows, you may want to update your server with the latest Workflow Foundation hotfix. It deals with issues around the ‘Delay’ activity that those two SPD actions are based on.

The fix can be downloaded from here:

This download addresses all three issues listed in KB 932816.

Enjoy!
-Gabe

1. Eddy says:

Hi,

Microsoft didn’t mention that the hotfix is supported on win server 2003 R2, just win server 2003 SP1.

Can you know if it’s possible to apply it on 2003 R2?

Thank you!

2. [Via SharePoint Designer Team Blog]Hi folks, Gabe Hall here again.If you are using 'Pause For Duration'

3. Pantera71 says:

Hi Gabe,

I installed the HotFix you mentioned in a VPC with MS Demo Litware environment. I have a small Workflow in which I use 2 Pause for Duration of 1 minute and it just doesn’t work. The workflow remains paused forever.

The workflow runs correctly without the Pause for Duration.

Do you have any ideas what could be wrong?

Edgardo

4. [Quote Source=" SharePoint Designer Team Blog "] Hi folks, Gabe Hall here again. If you are

5. Mabsterama says:

I was just putting together a test workflow for a custom list in SharePoint which uses the "Pause Until

6. Aditya says:

Hi,

I am actually having the same issue, installed the fix, detached the workflow associated to the doc library, rebooted, and created a new simple workflow with the installed fix, but still the workflow won’t fire up once paused.  Any ideas on what could be wrong ?  Your help is much appreciated.

Aditya

7. Maxer says:

I was unable to install the hotfix on my dev server which has MOSS 2007 SP1 installed.

I received the error: "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch"

Am I making some simple mistake?

8. Garcilazo says:

I had the same problem with the "pause" actions. In my case one of the reasons was the MOSS server performance. In the begginig I tried delays for 1 minute but the workflow did not respond, then I changed the delays to 5 minutes and it is working fine.

9. Raghu Iyer says:

Same here , pause func not working even after applying hot fix.

10. In meinem letzten Artikel habe ich beschrieben, wie mithilft eines einfachen SharePoint Designer-Workflows

11. Kandy says:

Hey hey

I am having a serious problem with the "Set a field in current item" and "Update list item" actions. Everytime I use these actions, I have an endless amount of workflow instances running one after the other on the same item whether the workflow is started automatically or manually…

Anyone experience this before?

12. ThiNg says:

Kandy,

Read this blog entry and my comment posted on it – to solve your issue.

HTH

ThiNg

13. Lars Nielsen says:

We can’t installl this hotfix but we have installed MOSS SP1 which I believe contains the fix.  Still, pause for duration in sharepoint designer workflows doesn’t work – it never wakes up.  I hope his is fixed soon because it is preventing us from using MOSS workflow in our organisation.

14. Jon says:

Has anyone found a resolution for this problem?

15. Amol Zanjurne says:

When i tried to install these fixes i got the following error

any one has details on this?

16. Saurabh Kumar Singh says:

Hi to all,

I am creating a reminder workflow using SharePoint Designer, and when I  use "Pause Until Date" activity. It doesn’t resume and Workflow status does not change from "In Progress".

(i.e. it displays "Pausing for 0 minutes" only, under Workflow History but it doesn’t take any specified action).

I have done some googling for that in last 4 days, and from there I had got a hot fix – KB 932394 and installed it but still I am in same trouble with “Pause Until Date” Activity.

I have also changed “job-workflow” time duration using stsadm command from 5 minutes to 1 minute as below:

stsadm -o setproperty -propertyname "job-workflow" -propertyvalue "every 1 minutes between 0 and 59" -url http://localhost

but found same problem.

What should I do for this?

Please suggest me why "Pause Until Date" doesn’t resume and Workflow status does not change from "In Progress" in my workflow.

17. Hi,

I am creating a reminder wrokflow using SharePoint Designer, and when i  using "Pause Until Date" activity. It doesn’t resume and Workflow status does not change from "In Progress".

(i.e it displays "Pausing for 0 minutes" under Workflow History but it doesn’t take specified action).

I have created it many times but found same problem.

I have done some googling for that in last some days, and from there I had got a hot fix  KB 932394 and installed it but still I am in same trouble with Pause Until Date Activity.

I have also changed job-workflow time duration using stsadm command from 5 minutes to 1 minute as below:

but found same problem.

What should I do for this?

If anyone have any solution regarding this then please reply me at saurabhsinghmca@gmail.com

Saurabh Kumar Singh

18. drmclean66 says:

I am running the following:

The server is running Windows 2003 Server SP2.

The version returned by SharePoint itself is:

Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 v 12.0.6219.1000

What hot fix is required to this platform in order to get the pause until date function to work properly.

I have already tried to install:

NetFX30-KB932394-X86.exe

This install did not succeed.

Any help is appreciated.

Rgds,

David

19. In meinem letzten Artikel habe ich beschrieben, wie mithilft eines einfachen SharePoint Designer-Workflows

20. 1D says:

I am trying to find what SP level our SharePoint is at, and Microsoft’s tech site has gotten so convolouted trying to find simple information. You almsot need a consultant to find this.

Sharepoint:  v 12.0.6219.1000

21. Ivantha says:

Im having a same problem in my aplication. i want to run my workflow in loop and workflow steps are as follows. This should create task daily.

CreateRecTask – [Custome action created using VS 2008]

Pause for 1 day

Update item in current list

this workflow ahs been created using SPD and triggers in Create and Update events.

But it never run in a loop. after the first cycle its completed and stop