First of all, I would like to update you with what I have been doing (in other words, what you have been missing)
I transitioned the teams, and am working for UNIX Interop team (in Windows Server) for quite some time now. I also had an opportunity to take up Program Manager role.
We own three components -
- Telnet (Yeah, one of the oldest mechanisms to login)
- Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications
- Identity Management for UNIX
Primarily my work deals with -
- Release Management - Ensuring our components are in the server/client as case might be.
- Customer relations - This involves taking part in conferences, handling TAP customers, Beta chats etc
- Feature work - As time allows, I might take up some stuff like threat modeling, etc. Hopefully, as vista gets shipped I will get more opportunity to work on specing.
In my other posts I will attempt to cover different components, their workings, FAQs, as well as anything that catches my attention.