Internet Explorer Crashed nach dem Upgarde zu App-V 5.1


Hallo zusammen,

wenn man von einer App-V 5.0 Sp2 oder SP3 installation ein Upgrade auf App-V 5.1 durchführt kann man mit wenig mühe den IE zum crashen bringen.  (Bisher alle IE Versionen)

Es genügt den Ie zu starten (nativ nicht virtuell) und ein paar tabs zu öffnen. Bisher liegen uns nur Berichte darüber vor, dass es Systeme trifft die aktualisiert wurden. Bei System wo der SP2 bzw. SP3 Client deinstalliert wurde, da tritt das Problem – bisher – nicht auf.

Wir untersuchen das gerade um eine Lösung bereitstellen zu können.

Folgende Workarounds können wir anbieten:

1. Beide Iexplore Einträge aus dem “ProcessesUsingVirtualComponents” entfernen:

image

2. Man kann die AppVSentinel*.dll umbenennen in *.old so dass diese nicht geladen werden:

image

 

Ich hoffe das hilft euch weiter falls Ihr gerade in dieses Problem lauft.

Schönen  Gruß

Sebastian Gernert – Escalation Engineer App-V

Comments (10)

  1. Claude Henchoz says:

    Gerade auch in den Crash hier gerannt…

    Wird das adressiert bei MS, oder soll ich noch einen Premier Case eröffnen dafür?

    Die Workarounds bedeuten wohl auch, dass App-V apps nicht mit IE interagieren können?

  2. S Gern says:

    Hi Claude,

    wie gesagt wir arbeiten daran. Du kannst gerne eine Fall dazu eröffnen, das erhöht den Druck dann wieder etwas…

    Der Workaround 1 nimmt die Möglichkeit dass z.B. ein Adobe Paket gepublished wird und der IE dann PDF's embedded anzeigt. Ja.

    Der zweite Workaround sollte die Funktionalität nicht berühren.

    Schönen Gruß

    Sebastian

  3. Nathan Sutton says:

    Hi Sebastian,

    I can confirm that this issue does appear for new App-V 5.1 installations. I have a TechNet thread which is here (social.technet.microsoft.com/…/windows-7-internet-explorer-11-emet-52-appv-51). We use SCCM with MDT and when App-V 5.1 was released I removed referenced to our App-V 5.0 SP3 client and replaced it with App-V 5.1. We rebuilt all of our SOE development machines and as soon as I did this we hit the issues I explain in the TechNet thread.

    For now we have fallen back to 5.0 SP3 and the problems have gone. Right now we are on a deadline and don't have time to test it. Hopefully the workaround works OK when we do get the time to retest.

    Cheers,

    Nathan.

  4. S Gern says:

    Hi Nathan,

    ideally we have a Fix until you retest it again…

    or you remove SP3 and make a clean install of 5.1… this seems (so far) also prevent the issue.

    Cheers

    Sebastian

  5. paul says:

    whats the purpose of AppVSentinel*.dll

    i.e. what side-effects might be found elsewhere by using this workaround.

  6. Alan Dooley says:

    Just now seeing this in our environment after updating our image to include App-V 5.1…

  7. zakz says:

    I have the same problem as described. I try rename  AppVSentinel*.dll and only urgent case, I return to 5.0SP3HF2.

    Thank you for this article.

  8. Bruce says:

    We just deployed 5.1 from scratch on Windows 7 x64 (IE11) about 3 weeks ago , along side app-v 4.6.  I found this does not happen for us on Windows 7 but something weird does happen with IE11 on our Windows 2008r2 servers that host XenApp 6.  We see random crashes at first launch of IE11 there.  Most of the time we do not, and simply retrying usually works and IE11 then opens.  I found the problem went away when we renamed the two DLL's mentioned in this article.  I never thought to even try this unless I read the German blog about a hot fix coming where they vaguely mentioned IE crashes.

  9. Somebody says:

    Well, you just saved a big organization with 7k+ employees. Thanks!

  10. Robert says:

    there is a hotfix for this

    KB3115834

Skip to main content