For those of you who are long time Service Bus fans, you may have been wondering when Service Bus will be available in the new Azure portal. Well, thanks to the feedback posted at https://feedback.azure.com/forums/216926-service-bus, we now have a limited private preview in place. In the coming weeks, we will open our preview to a larger set of customers.
In the meantime, if you utilize RBAC in the new Azure portal, you may notice an error when provisioning namespaces from the classic portal, or from PowerShell.
- When creating a Service Bus namespace on the new Azure portal at https://portal.azure.com, users will get redirected to the old portal at https://manage.windowsazure.com where they get an error message stating “None of your subscriptions are associated with this directory.” Also you will not see your subscription when creating a namespace there.
- When creating a Service Bus namespace via the PowerShell command “New-AzureSBNamespace” users will get an error stating “ForbiddenError: The server failed to authenticate the request. Verify that the certificate is valid and is associate with this subscription.”
Cause: The classic portal does not support the new RBAC model and still uses the “Service Admin” and “Co-Admin” model.
Solution 1: Use ARM templates to create a SB Namespace. More information can be found here: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/service-bus-resource-manager-overview/.
Solution 2: Have the ‘Service Admin’ or ‘Co-Admin’ of the subscription create the Service Bus namespaces.
Solution 3: Have ‘Service Admin’ or ‘Co-Admin’ add you as ‘Co-Admin’ to the subscription. Follow these steps to do so:
- Have ‘Service Admin’ or ‘Co-Admin’ go to https://manage.windowsazure.com
- On the left bottom click on “Settings” tab.
- Click on the “Administrators” tab at the top of the page.
- Click on the “Add” button on the bottom of the page
- Add email ID of additional administrators and select the desired subscription.
If you have any questions feel free to leave a comment, or if you would like to contact our support team you can do so here.