- Very few scenarios require that a previous version of MDAC is used
- Use as a last resort! Not always successful and several caveats to be aware of.
- MDAC Rollback is not recommended as it might un stabilize the OS and even lead to reinstalling of OS.
- MDAC 2.6 and above have rollback built into the installer (DASETUP.EXE)
- Pre-MDAC 2.6, use Component Checker to rollback.
- Either Component Checker or DASETUP rollback will not rollback all files
- SQL Server specific files such as netlibs, drivers and providers not rolled back.
- Known issues with MDAC 2.6 rollback:
322170 PRB: Rollback from MDAC 2.6 Service Pack 2 Refresh Fails
- Component Checker rollback will not work on SFP Operating Systems (Windows Me, 2000 and XP)
- For SFP Operating Systems you must use DASETUP /U to rollback.
DASETUP.exe will be located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\dasetup