ODBC Connection Pooling enhances the performance of database connections. By default, the performance counters for Connection Pooling are disabled.
How to enable PERFMON counters:
To enable the performance counters, follow these steps:
1. Open Control Panel.
2. Double-click the ODBC icon.
3. Click the Connection Pooling tab.
4. In the PerfMon section, select Enable.
5. Click OK.
In Performance Monitor, the following counters will now be listed under the ODBC Connection Pooling object:
• Connections Currently Active: The current number of connections being used by applications.
• Connections Currently Free: The current number of connections available for connection requests.
• Connections Sec/Hard: The number of connections made to data sources per second.
• Connections Sec/Soft: The number of connections from the pool per second.
• Disconnections Sec/Hard: The number of disconnects made to data sources per second.
• Disconnections Sec/Soft: The number of disconnects from the pool per second.
For more information, refer: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=216950