Conditional Formatting in is a neat feature that lets you create rules for your appointments, and formats them based on those rules. For example I have a rule:
If subject contains any of the words "interview; screen; informational; recruiting; recruit" then set the color to Orange.
Now all recruiting appointments stand out as orange on my calendar
Prior to Outlook 2010 I could just right-click on an appointment and set up these rules, but since I moved to Outlook 2010 I could not find where to this up. I finally found it, and since it is pretty buried I thought I would share it with you.
- Go to Calendar (your calendar is displayed)
- View Tab
- Change View >> Manage Views
- Select <current view setting> and click Modify
- Click Conditional Formatting
- Click Add to add a rule
- Select the new rule and click Condition
Wasn’t that easy? The result looks like this