We wrote a post summarizing updates to the Windows Desktop developer center in 2010-2011.
The Building Windows 8 Blog
The Windows team has started a dialog with developers and customers to talk about how we are creating Windows and how we have reached the point where we are at today. Read the following posts from Steven Sinofsky to get up to speed on the Windows 8 backstory so far.
Going Native: The C++ Rennaissance
- C++0x Becomes a Standard [Slashdot]
- Windows & .NET Watch: C++ is still going strong
- The Web Versus Native [Information Week]
- ‘Major’C++ revision receives standards blessing
- Developing Windows Applications in C++: A simple Windows application [MSDN]
- C++ 2011 and the return of Native Code
That’s it for this week! Hope you all have a great weekend.