Over the course of this week, we have been working hard on some new social developer content that may or may not be launching next week 🙂 A reminder, we make announcements to the Windows Developer Twitter Account and Windows Developer Facebook Page follow us if you want to get our announcements. We'll be sure to share links to the new content once it's live over these channels and the blog. We have also continued driving the TOC changes for the learn tab on MSDN.
Earlier this week I shared some insights into how the Windows developer content team has thought about learning in the past. The anecdotal recommendation for learning with MSDN is to:
- Avoid the reference topics while you are getting started
- Check the See Also links for more related topics and more comprehensive guides
- When you find errors, Submit Feedback to Microsoft about the documentation bug so we fix it.
Not very many content updates to the center have gone live but the following links summarize the cool stuff that we've heard about for Windows developers:
- Windows Internals - Hooks - A blog post about hacking Windows for developers
- Build Conference - We can't emphasize this enough, Build is a big deal and we're very excited (we so excited). You can also follow the @bldwin account to receive the build conference announcements and offers.
Just in case you haven't seen the 'Windows 8' preview video and press release...