The following things happened this week:
- Kinect SDK released
- New Code Gallery created for Windows Desktop Developer Center
- The C++ Renaissance continues!
Kinect SDK for Windows
A brief link/news roundup:
- Kinect SDK Release information on Windows Next
- Download the SDK Beta
- Learn about Kinect Features
- Get started with Kinect development and read code walkthroughs
- Download the Kinect Paint sample
- Coding for Fun: Kinect Lightsaber
Some cool videos were created and prepped by Channel 9 that are definitely worth watching!
Kinect Demos with CH9 team:
Setting up your Kinect development environment:
New Code Gallery on Windows Developer Center
The new Windows Desktop Developer Center code gallery is now live! We are still working it into the developer center navigation, but you can now see it and get the latest and greatest samples for Windows in a great browse experience. The code gallery also now lets you upload your own samples! Very exciting!
The C++ Renaissance continues!
Herb Sutter on Heterogeneous Computing and C++ AMP
Mohsen Agsen – C++ Today and Tomorrow:
Craig Symonds and Mohsen Agset: The C++ Rennaissance.