So we just finished updating the Hilo article series to include another chapter. This chapter covers the design considerations that were made before the team underwent development with the project. They covered a number of interesting brainstorming and design topics that are uncommon for MSDN. For example, check out the bubble diagram they used:
They pivoted around the various tasks that they wanted the user to perform with their application and then identified scenarios around those tasks. They also cover storyboarding, which is a technique that is very popular in the Windows team. They conclude with showing their application mockups, and how they iterated on the design. I really like their mockup of the orbital model and really wish that glassy feel made it to the final product.
The DirectCompute lecture series has been continuing and we have now published the roundtable discussion as well as 5 lecture videos:
- DirectCompute 101: Introduction to DirectCompute
- DirectCompute 110: Memory Patterns
- DirectCompute 120: Basics of DirectCompute
- DirectCompute 210: GPU Optimizations
The final video, DirectCompute 230: GPU Accellerated Physics, will be available from the DirectCompute Lecture Series on Friday.
- Hilo Chapter 3 now Live
- Basics of DirectCompute now Live
- DirectCompute Lecture Series Coming Soon…
- New Videos for DirectCompute lecture Series
- A Shallow Dive into the Hilo Browser
- Samples Gallery and Project Hilo