Syed Aslam Basha here. I am a tester on the Information Security Tools team.
As a tester, apart from UI testing I test DB for integrity. Our boss is encouraging us to share tips that save us time on the team so here are a few of mine. In this blog post I want to highlight some SQL queries I use all the time.
- Query to select usernames where the username is duplicate
- Query to delete a single row from a table which has duplicate data
- Query to check Number of Partitions in the given fact table
- Find out common records in tables A and B which are in different databases
- Find out version number of SQL
- Convert datatime into mm/dd/yyyy format
- Display definition of SP using command
- Truncating load test results tables
Modify the above script parameters appropriately to use it successfully!