Today, at PDC, the release of the Silverlight toolkit was made available. Included in this release, is a preview version of a charting control that was produced as a collaborative effort between the Silverlight controls and SQL Server Reporting Services team.
This initial release includes support for the following chart types:
In addition to these series types, the chart supports a few types of animations, but it also can update based on changes in the underlying data if the chart is attached to an ObservableCollection-based data source. The chart also supports the templating capabilities present in Silverlight.
- Download, Samples, for Silverlight Toolkit
- David Anson's Blog - Member of the Silverlight toolkit team.
- Shawn Burke's Blog - PUM for Silverlight Controls team
- Tim Heuer's post on Silverlight chart
- Pete Brown's post on Silverlight Toolkit
That's it for now. Let us know what you think of the Silverlight charts over on the discussion area in codeplex. We're eager to get your feedback!