A few customers have asked about our plans for supporting new versions of UNIX and Linux when they are released. So, I thought I’d take this opportunity to answer the question and provide some general guidance on our plans.
The cross platform integrations currently support the following operating systems:
- AIX 5.3 (Power), 6.1 (Power)
- HP-UX 11iv2 (PA-RISC and IA64), and 11iv3 (PA-RISC and IA64)
- Red Hat Enterprise Server 4 (x64 and x86) and 5 (x64 and x86)
- Solaris 8 (SPARC), 9 (SPARC), and 10 (SPARC and x86 versions later than 120012-14)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 (x86), 10.1 (x86 and x64) and 11
Our plans are to continue to support these operating systems and to provided updated support for any new releases of these operating systems within 180 days of their general availability (release date).
We know there are a lot of other distributions out there, some gaining popularity. We continue to monitor trends and customer requests, and if we determi
ne that we need to support additional platforms, we will. Until then, we will rely on the community to take our current products and extend them to fit the other platforms.