The HTML Self Service Portal for SCSM 2012 R2 contains an incorrect setting and can’t be corrected with an update. Therefore please follow the steps below or ask guidance from Microsoft Support by referring to this blog entry.
- Login to the HTML portal server
- Open “Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager” in “Administrative Tools”
- Navigate to the Portal Web Site and double click on “.NET Compilation” located in the middle pane.
- Go to the Debug setting.
- Change the value to False.
- Click Apply at the top right Actions pane.
Now the portal will run with optimized performance and memory usage. For more details: http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/442448