UPDATE: UR9 is released which contains all fixes up to UR7: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3129780
Customers for Service Manager are used to apply Update Rollups and assume that this includes all previous published URs.
This is not true with UR8 for SCSM 2012 R2 because it does not include any hotfix. UR8 does only include the new HTML based Self Service Portal for SCSM. So, if you install UR8 on a management server it will only install the new Self Service Portal (SSP).
In conclusion, the latest UR for SCSM 2012 R2 is UR7. Please follow the “Installation instructions” in https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3063263 .
Some important installation notes:
- Run SCSM2012R2_CU_KB3063263_AMD64_ 7.5.3079.442.exe in the following order:
- Data Warehouse management server
- Primary management server (Workflow server)
- all secondary management servers (if available)
- all Console clients
- all Sharepoint based Self Service Portal server(s)
- In addition, do the steps below ONLY on your primary management server
- disable all of your Active Directory connectors
- install SCSM2012R2_OD_KB3099983_AMD64_7.5.3079.504.exe
- enable all of your Active Directory connectors that you have disabled in the previous step
Actually UR8 (Self Service Portal) is a complete separate installation.
The hotfixes are completely separate, too.