Please ensure you have “healthy” backups of all DW databases before you import any sealed* Management Pack. Having daily backups is sufficient.
The reason is because sometimes DW jobs may fail and therefore you will not see recent data in the reports and cubes. The fastest way is to do these steps:
1. Delete the latest imported MP
2. On the DW server, stop 2 System Center services + Microsoft Monitoring Agent service (prior to 2012 R2 this service was named “System Center Management”)
3. Restore all (usually 5) DW database backups taken before the MP import has happened
4. On the DW server, start 2 System Center services + Microsoft Monitoring Agent service (prior to 2012 R2 this service was named “System Center Management”)
5. Wait for some hours (or better until next day morning)
6. DW jobs should run successfully and you should see current data in reports and cubes.
7. Import the MP again.
8. Wait for some hours (or better until next day morning)
If you can now see recent data in reports and cubes then you are lucky .
If the problem re-occurs, then please contact the owner of the MP or open a support ticket to Microsoft Support.
* This article is not related with unsealed management packs because they are not deployed to Data Warehouse.