My New Years Resolution And Thanks

Well over 5 years ago I joined the nascent BizTalk Server team.  One of the reasons I came to Microsoft was because of the wide range of job roles available and yet I was just having too much fun with BizTalk Server to consider moving.  Nevertheless, with the SQL/BTS/VS launch complete and WF launched at PDC now is as good a time as any to move and after some extensive research into new roles during December starting Tuesday I’m changing jobs.

My new job will be on the Windows Client Product Planning team.  Initially I’ll be thinking about the impact of virtualization and thin-client on various aspects of Windows licensing and product strategy post Vista.  This role is primarily inbound so I expect I’ll disappear off the net for a while but we will see.

Many of you know Michael Woods, who has been on my team for several years, and some of you have met Kris Horrocks. Michael and Kris will continue to carry the flame forward for BizTalk Server. Paul Andrew will continue to carry the flame forward for Workflow.

I’ve met so many great people and made some fabulous friends during my travels in the last 5 years.  I have a ton of very special memories and I’d like to thank you for passion, hospitality and feedback which helped us all do better with each subsequent release of BizTalk Server.

When I get back to work on Tuesday morning I know nothing, I’m in a new space and I have a lot to learn – it should be fun!

1. Andy C. Mater says:

It’s a pitty to see you leave the BizTalk Server team, but I wish you all the best in your new role. Best wishes.

Andy C. Mater

2. Erich Muhr says:

Thank you for doing a great job the last 5 years. Hopefully your successors will support the community in the same way as you did.

3. Brian Loesgen says:

Scott, you’ve played a very core part in the development of BizTalk. After all these years, it’s sad to see you go, but you can go knowing that you’ve done a Good Thing, and you can be very proud of the product you’ve helped build. The BizTalk community will miss your passion and energy, but will continue to benefit from the contributions you have made to the product over the years. Best of luck in your new ventures, I’m sure you’ll excel there too, and hopefully our paths will cross again.

4. Scott,

on behalf of all us ‘Kiwi’ BizTalkers, thank you for the many years of great efforts, and some of the most concentrated information delivery in presentations I have ever had the good fortune of seeing 🙂 We look forward to hearing from you from time-to-time again in your new role, and hope you can make it back to the next great All Black’s or Super-12 final game(s) here in NZ!

Best Regards for the New Year.

5. Tamilselvan says:

Scott, You did a great job over past 5 years, Its tough to leave you out of the product core team. As your wish..

We salute and Best Regards for your next job.

6. Scott, thank you very much for what you did in this 5 years. BizTalk is really a great product, thanks to your passion and competency! Enjoy your new job … good luck, Paolo.

7. Winson Woo says:

Scott, it was a pleasure working with you and best of luck in your new role.

Cheers, Winson

8. Scott, thank you for bringing such a great product to us.

Could you please explain what this means for the future of BizTalk and, if we try to draw any conclusions from this move, which are the right ones?

Thanks and good luck!

9. Karthik says:

Thanks for bringing us a wonderful product. You have been a role model for many Biztalkers out there.

All the best and good luck for your future endeavors.

10. Scott,

Thank you for the tremendous job you did over the last five years in the BizTalk space.

Best of luck on your future endeavors and hopefully you won’t totally drop off the radar! 🙂

Thanks again.

11. Abhilash M S says:

We will miss you Scott ! . You have been an inspiration to many . Best of luck on your new roles.

12. Andy James (Solidsoft~) says:

We will miss you fine contribution and driving vision. The BizTalk space will be left in fine hands I’m sure but still your particular Kiwi style will be a loss.

Good luck to you in the New Role – I look forward to your blogging on the new topics.

13. In the name of the whole CODit BizTalk Team I want to THANK YOU for your support and the great product you made together with your team. We all wish you success in your new role.

14. Danny Buysse says:

With everything already been said I wish you the very best in your new role and I’m looking out to someone taking over your great community support.

15. Nick B says:

Thanks for all your great work Scott, it will be a shame to see you go. If only we could persuade the All Blacks to retire too then Wales might stand a chance in the next world cup (cough).

Now, lets organise a "Get Mike Woods Blogging" campaign…

16. Ananth Krishna says:

loved your passion and leadership for this product the last five years!…it was great to be part of the ride. good luck!

17. Mike Woods says:

Ouch! Well I have a blog but your point about actually blogging is valid. Kris ( and I are going to redouble our efforts to live up to the super community of BizTalk developers with and without blogs that Scott has bequeathed us.

(I intend to even try to convince Scott to come back and visit with us every once in awhile and to give us future Alt-Back updates. :^)

18. Deepak says:

Can’t imagine the Biztalk community without you. I hope your successors will follow your path.

Wish you good luck with the new job.

19. Benny Mathew says:

We will miss you scott…, you were a "one stop shop" for BizTalk news for us 🙂 Wish you good luck on your new endeavor.

20. Metin Koc says:

It was a pleasure working with you and learning from you.

Best wishes and good luck on your new role

Metin Koc (EDS)

21. Paul says:

Your help and dedication to improving the community with this tool has helped this young developer get his foot in the door to hopefully a long career. I would like to thank you for all your work and wish you best of luck with your new position.

22. Mike Drips says:

You can’t leave! Heck I still have your BizTalk (Wrox) book on my bookshelf. Don’t leave a winning team for a losing team. BizTalk Server 2006 will be the best product Microsoft releases in 2006 (Sorry, but the SharePoint team is incompetent and Vista is totally a revenue ploy.)!!

You need to stay on the BizTalk team. Please reconsider.