Office 2007 Versions: Standard vs Professional Plus vs Enterprise

2007 Microsoft Office suites comparison white paper

With the 2007 Microsoft Office system, you and your organization can use the new set of powerful tools for creating, managing, analyzing, and sharing information to work more efficiently and effectively. The newly redesigned user interface simplifies the way the Microsoft Office applications work. And the new graphics capabilities help you easily create great-looking, high-impact documents.

This paper compares and contrasts the three volume licensing suites of the 2007 Microsoft Office system: Microsoft Office Standard 2007, Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007, and Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007. Each suite provides the core Microsoft Office applications as well as features that support integrated content management, information rights and policy, and integrated electronic forms. The suites differ in the selection of included applications and the ways in which advanced features are implemented. This paper is intended to help organizations understand the applications and capabilities offered, and to identify the suite that best fits their needs.

</steve>

1. Greg Edwards says:

Many thanks for sharing this whitepaper. It helped me pinpoint a problem we were having with workflows at my organization.

2. Sven Croon says:

Why has this whitepaper been removed. Clicking the link brings me to the Office 2010 homepage. i don't want that, I need this whitepaper…

3. Sven Croon says:

Why has this whitepaper been removed?

4. Tami Licht says:

Yes why has the 2007 whitepaper been removed? I was looking for the comparison as well.

5. Steven Schlitz says:

What the heck!  Why would someone remove such a valuable tool and forward the link to Office 2010.  We really needed this information.  This is very upsetting.

6. Steven Schlitz says:

7. Random IT Guy says:

The whitepaper would be very useful. I am deploying previously bought volume license versions of Office 2007 and I am trying to decide which VLM to use depending on the user.

8. Rodrigo Rocha says:

You should remove the whole thing and not just the WP. Kind of a waste of time.

9. Daniel says:

Totally unprofessional Microsoft.  Reminding me why I don't buy your products – you actively remove support for them when the new and unimproved version comes out.  Either leave the White Paper of value, I'm sure hosting it costs you next to nothing, or stop jerking us around with pages like this.

Thanks for nothing, MS Douches

10. Brendan says:

I'm sick of this. Time to seriously look at the many alternatives and open-source methinks.

I never actually need the updated features, but it's just a commercial model for differentiation with the resulting frustrations and confusion.

11. stacy says:

I recently pick up a virus on my pc had to reformat it now trying to reinstall office enterprise back on my pc cant the cd version i bought is corrupt trying to find a download from microsoft for enterprise 2007 cant i still have the  key just want the download. can anyone help

12. Sveta says:

Thanks for the link indeed, very helpful!

13. Law says:

@Nick   You're awesome.  Thanks for the link!