The Configure Email and Internet Connection Wizard (CEICW) configures settings for your network, firewall, secure Web site, and e-mail services that are used when connecting the local network to the Internet.
When do I run CEICW?
Running CEICW is a required step to setup network and internet related services when you install your SBS server. Because CEICW sets up some of the most significant roles for your Windows SBS server, it is very important that you pay close attention to all of the dialog boxes while running CEICW to assure that you achieve the results you want.
- Rerun CEICW if you want to make changes to email services such as:
- Enable or disable POP3
- Set up Exchange services
- Change your e-mail domain name
- Change the delivery method
- Rerun CEICW if you change your physical or logical network such as:
- Add, replace, or upgrade network adapters on your server.
Important CEICW requires a static IP address for the Server Local Area Connection network adapter.
After your computer restarts, you must verify the IP address of each card in the system and change it, if necessary, by using the following procedure:
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Network Connections.
- Right-click a network connection, and choose Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then click Properties.
- For an internal network adapter, change the IP address to the exact IP address of the old network adapter.
- In the IP address dialog box, type the IP address of the old network adapter.
- In the Subnet mask dialog box, type your subnet mask (for example, 255.255.255.0).
- Leave the Default gateway dialog box blank.
- In the Preferred DNS Server dialog box, type the IP address you entered in step 4a.
- Enable or disable the firewall.
- Open or close a port on the firewall.
- Enable or disable VPN on your network.
- Enable or disable terminal services for remote administration.
- Set up an intranet or extranet.
- Enable or disable Outlook mobile access.
- Enable or disable Remote Web Workplace.
- Start experiencing connectivity issues on your network.
- Don’t know what else to do to resolve an issue on your network. Run the wizard and select the Do Not Change option on each page.
For more information about CEICW and how to run CEICW, refer to How to Configure Internet Access in Windows Small Business Server 2003, and Securing Your Windows Small Business Server 2003 Network on the Microsoft Web site.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.