If you want to change the IP address of the network adapter used to connect to the Internet from a dynamically assigned address to a statically assigned address (or vice versa), use the following procedure to reconfigure the network connection.
- On the computer running SBS 2003, click Start, point to Control Panel, point to Network Connections, and then click the network connection you want to reconfigure.
- Double-click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then modify how the IP address is assigned to the network connection.
If you want to change the IP address of the local network adapter, use the Change Server IP Address Tool as follows:
- Open Server Management and then click Internet and E-mail.
- On the right-hand (Details) pane, click Change Server IP Address.
- Enter the new IP address and subnet mask and click OK.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.