This project is now part of of the VisioPowerTools – which you can download from http://visioautomation.codeplex.com
Published a new version on codeplex with some new features and a newer version of Theirry’s XamlTune. Also scroll down for an example with a lot of text.
What to notice in this update
– Fills rendering improved (due to a change in XamlTune)
– The text sample illustrates some limitations in text conversion
Just before the Visio Conference 2008 began I published my first attempt at exporting XAML from Visio 2007. And within 12 hours, Thierry Bouquain hooked up his code and made the XAML output much better. I’ve now created third version with some extra UI to help with making the process easier and help me in debugging any problems.
USING THE ADD-IN
Once you have installed VisioPowerTools, you’ll see a new menu item under File
Create or load a document, make a selection, then select File / Export Selection to Xaml
Select a filename and click Create XAML
- The Add-In is very simple. It exports the current selection to SVG and then uses Thierry’s XamlTune to get the XAML.
- Text is exported as shapes.
- When richly formatted text is used, you may see text rendering errors.
- Overall works extremely well for shapes even with complex gradients
- For some diagrams you may see that SharpVectors throws an exception when reading the intermediate SVG
- Feature Wish: Retain text as text isntead of shapes (but keep an option to render to shape)
XAML rendered in Expression Blend
XAML rendered in in Expression Blend
XAML rendered in Windows Presentation Host in Vista