My CodePlex Jump from tallest building in the Southern Hemisphere – The Full Video

Just like the kiwi bird down here in New Zealand, I proved that I too am flightless. The 7 minute video explains it all.

You can find this full version at

Or watch just the jump from the ground looking up at:

Special thanks to Sky Jump! for lettings us film and TechEd Online New Zealand for making the jump happen and for putting the full edited video together.

1. Susan says:

Did I read today about New Zealand having a "test" of their version of the Emergency Broadcast System?  Or was it a ‘false alarm’ going off?!  Supposedly it was the "cry heard around the world north and south!!!  Congrats for facing your fears!  =)  😉

2. Matthijs Hoekstra says:

Haha, very funny video Sara. No idea why you did it but it was funny to watch 🙂

3. Tom says:

Wow and Congrats!  So exactly how high was that?

4. Linda says:

She said running through the air…I pretty much thought you were swimming!  🙂  Awesome experience I bet!

5. This is awesome!  I thought at first it was a bungie jump – was it planned for you to hang in air that long?  I kept thinking to myself "that crazy girl screaming and running in air is also Black Belt"

6. Jimbo M says:

Strange…I didn’t hear "Go Codeplex" or anything else similar…it all just seemed to be "help help" and "ahhhhhh"!

However I must disagree with the critique of your "running" style…I’ve watched the performance several times and because your arms were involved I’d have to say it was more like "swimming"!

In a few months when your adrenaline returns to normal, you seriously must blog about the experience. You’ve got more guts than I do!

You ROCK Sara!

7. Robert Cain says:

That has to be both the funniest and bravest thing I’ve seen in a while. The running through the air bit at the top had me literally LOL’ing. So what’s next, sky diving from an airplane with a big CodePlex on your parachute?

8. saraford says:

Yes, i am screaming "Go CodePlex." It is after the inital death cry and before the loudest death cry. it is about 3-4 seconds into the free fall. It sounds like "help me," (strangely enough) but it is really "Go CodePlex." Just listen for 3 words "Go Code Plex" in the free fall. I figured if i was going to die, at least make it worth something 😉

9. Doug says:

Amazing. I skydived solo. This is nuts! Great job!

10. Rob says:

Hey Sara, Way to go! well done!  Like Robert said whats next?

11. Bob says:

Would that have been basic form 1 you were demonstrating on the way down? 🙂

What was the max speed the system allows you to fall?

You rock Sara!

12. Ryan says:

that looks like fun 🙂

Run Sara run…

13. Ewen says:

Wow. Now, I’m not real flash with heights … I had no qualms flying a helicopter for the 1st time (over Sydney) but I seriously wouldn’t do that. No way, no way! That, folks, is commitment.

You’re one gusty lass. It was great to meet you at TechEd Australia too. I hope you had a great time in the southern hemisphere.

You rock!

CAD bloke

14. Logan says:

Based on comments here, I’m glad I don’t have speakers here at work. I fully intend to watch it at home though.

Looks like loads of fun, but I guess you’re not planning on doing it again in a hurry…

15. It was great to see you here at TechEd NZ. Please come back next year.

You can do IT again =^D

PS Your book is great too.

16. Chuck says:

I believe the "one word" you were looking for was ‘trapped’

Good job

But Um I’m a bit stuck for the user story for this, could you help me finish this?

AS THE Microsoft Program Manager for CodePlex

I WANT to jump off the tallest building in S H-sphere

SO THAT  (um  here’s where I need the help)

17. saraford says:

SO THAT i can promote CodePlex and Open Source.

Thank you for helping me write my first user story. =D

18. Hoffman says:

Nice job, that looked like fun but why jump from a building when you can jump from a plane 😀

The people want to see you jump from a plane next.

Go open source !

..and may microsoft go under because they don’t do open source really (only when they can get some cash from it, Hyper-V, need i say more?)

…not that i matters at all but was something censored/blurred out ? It happens more often then you think, wink-wink, you what i mean 😉

19. Tukun says: