Southern United States Speaking Tour – 7 cities in 6 days

Back in late April, before I started on the book, before I started on the TechEd breakout session, and way before I even thought to start on the OSCON talk (in other words, before I realized I would not be sleeping this summer) I wanted to do something special for the 3 year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. Yes, this was clearly before I decided to break a world record for book writing.

Thanks to the help of many MVPs and user groups leaders, I have the following speaking tour planned. I’m flying into Nashville, then driving south to the coast, trying to speak to as many local user groups as possible.

I’ll speak on what I know:

• Visual Studio Tips and Tricks
  • CodePlex

I’ll update with details as they come in over the next few days. Or email me.

Aug 22 – 23

devLINK Technical Conference, Murfreesboro, TN

Aug 25

Montgomery Area .NET Developer Group

User Groups in the Birmingham Area

Aug 26

Hub City .NET User Group, Hattiesburg, MS

Aug 27

Lower Alabama .Net User Group, Mobile, LA

Aug 28

Perficient User Group in New Orleans

Arcadiana Users Group in Lafayette

1. Bill Booth says:

Hi Sara.

Is the Perficient group talk in New Orleans open to the public?

Thanks.

Bill

2. Any way you can make a Southwest Tour?  Maybe some AZ, NM or Southern California?

3. David Weller says:

Hey Sara, stop by Austin, TX while you’re down there! P.S. — Tell Betsy Aoki I said "Hi" 🙂

4. Justin Zak says:

I agree with David.  You should stop by Austin, TX.  It’s the place to be.  You may want to wait for October, though, if you can’t stand the heat.  ðŸ™‚

5. Fritz Gurtler says:

Sara,

I am also curious about the Perficient user group.  Any idea on if its open to the public, and if so, where and what time?

— Fritz

6. saraford says:

Hi all,

the Perficient user group talk has been cancelled. i’m still trying to hear back from them on the specifics why it was cancelled, however, i am thinking of doing a Geek Lunch in its place, meaning that we all go to a po-boy (sandwich) place in the area and i share my tips and tricks at the lunch table.

Since the Perficient user group was not opened to the public, i think having a Geek Lunch where anyone could come would be fun.

Please contact / email me if interested, and I’ll send out more information based on interest.

7. saraford says:

@Justin: I’m born and raised in New Olreans. I’ve been living in Seattle for 7 years, and i’m still waiting for summer to come. =D

I’ll have to see what i can do about other tours, provided that they do not come out of my personal pocket (i’m paying for the rental car and the plane tickets instead of Microsoft.)

Of course, the more people who contact me, the easier it is for me to sell the idea of doing more tours to my corporate masters at microsoft =D

8. Catto says:

Hey Now Sara,

I bet your sessions were great. Hope to see one someday.

Thx 4 the info,