From Steve’s blog:
- Hold the Ctrl button down to make DataTips transparent. [Pictures]
From Jim’s blog:
- DataTip Keyboard Functionality
- Use the [down] and [up] arrows to move through the items in the expanded tip.
- Use [pgup] and [pgdn] to scroll a page at a time in tips that are scrollable
- Use the [right] arrow to expand an expandable item into a new child tip.
- Use the [left] arrow to close the current tip and go back a level.
- Use [F2] to edit a value (uhoh, did you know about this feature? Or is there another debugger tip looming?)
- Use [ctrl] to make all the tips transparent (as Steve pointed out).
Happy Visual Studio’ing!