Full story plus video can be found at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9591977/
- When Brian Williams says, “found via Internet”, a NBC Nightly News producer contacted me on Friday via this blog and we went from there. It was pretty difficult to get NBC in contact with my family due to poor communications down there, but we eventually did it.
- It is really, really weird to hear your parents voice on national news.
- The first picture they show is of Our Lady Academy, my high school.
- It’s really scary when you can’t recognize where your parents are standing in the house you grew up in your entire life.
- The second picture is of a neighbor’s house after the hurricane.
- The third picture is of them evacuating up the stairs when the water broke through.
- The picture of the refrigerator is from my aunt’s house.
- Whenever I see Coleman Ave, I think that they have to be somewhere else that there’s no way this could a scene in Waveland.
- The image of City Hall and the sign of “Thank you to all those that help us in Camille” just blows my mind.
- I like how the American Flag was properly placed across a chair in the background when my mom was talking. Talk about product placement =)
- I’m only 2 degrees of separation from Jon Stewart!!
I can’t wait to hit the road and get home.