I meant to post this on my birthday 2 months ago. How time flies.
Some people get so upset over their birthdays, getting a year older, hitting some milestone in time. What I get upset about is thinking, “oh great, I just did <insert landmark experience here>. I’m getting old.”
Landmark experiences to replace birthdays as a true sign of age:
- Your parents have to pay full price for you at restaurants
- Someone thinks you’re in high school, and you’re excited that you look so mature for your age
- You bury your first pet
- You drive out of your driveway for the first time by yourself
- You get your first paycheck
- You learn just how much of that first paycheck went to taxes
- You spend your first night in your own apartment… alone
- You’re pulled over for the first time by state patrol.
- You have your “I’m finally of legal drinking age” birthday party
- You’re finally old enough to rent a car, and it’s all downhill from there
- You fall in love for the first time
- You find that first gray hair… in your hairbrush!
- Someone thinks you’re in high school, and you’re excited that you look so young for your age
- You realize you’re not in the same shape as you were in high school (and you ain’t gonna ever be)
Got others to add?
Want to scare me by telling me what comes next?