I want to put together a list of recommended blog reading for my team. Ideally, I’m looking for blogs that talk about features we own, for good and for bad.
Here’s a quick breakout of what the VS Core team owns:
- MS Build
- Creating Projects and Solutions; Adding new or existing items
- Editor and Code navigation (Object Browser, Find in Files, etc)
- Tool Windows used by all languages (except for debugging tool windows – another team owns those), ie Task List, Error List, Toolbox, etc.
- Tools – Import Export Settings; Tools – Options; Window management
- Help system Extensibility – Add-ins, Macros, DTE, VSIP, etc.
Just send me a pointer to your blog, and I’ll add it to the list of recommended reading.