Looking for a good home for my 2 cockatiels

Snowflake and Sunshine went to a great home last night.  They were picked up by someone who runs a local bird rescue.

This blog has moved to http://saraford.net

1. Wow. I’ve never had to give up a pet either. I think that would be the hardest thing to do. Its like giving up a family member. I just couldn’t fathom that. Sorry you have to give up your pets. Hope they get great homes.

2. Gandalfe says:

Maybe the store will take them back?

3. Judy says:

I was checking my meta tags and saw your post. Please contact me and I might be able to help. There are rescue groups that can help you rehome/adopt out or place your pets. And NEVER give them away FREE. EVEN birds can be sold to labs for experiments.

BestFriends.org can help… so can pet orhpans of california. There are a TON of resources on the web!

4. Sara says:

Hi my name is Sara and I’m looking for a Cockatiel. I have just gotten out of a horrable sittuation and need something to love and to love me back. I would love to give one of your birds a great home, my email is saradevorahstrauss@yahoo.com THANKS

5. donnatrevey@comcast.net says:

Please email me. I just lost my white cockatiel and my yellow tht looks like sunshine misses her mate so much. PLesa email me back thanks. donna

6. CARMEN says:

PLS GIVE ME A CALL IF YOU GET ANOTHER ALBINO

7. james says:

hello I wanted to know if you were giving them away for free with the cage and othe stuff

8. james says:

hello I wanted to know if you were giving them away for free with the cage and other stuff if so please email me and I will so what I can do

9. jean says:

hi, i have one cockatiel and i take very good care of him. i would like to have more so that he won’t feel lonely. please email me: clarinetajk@sbcglobal.net thanks

10. Krystina says:

LOL – Our birds sound exactally the same in character! And I seem to be in that same "life" position you have been in… I’ve had to find a better home for the birds b/c our dog/house/fiance have taken too much time away from them… and I just feel terrible.

I just wanted you to know that I found your post very helpful. I had just given my birds away to a rescue on Sunday (after having them for 13 years), and have been going through the same emotions you had. I’m the type of person who usually commits to things fully aswell – and thought I’d have them till the end. Your thoughts have put me somewhat at ease – and I know what Im going through is somewhat normal 😉 So Thank you!

11. ivorie says:

hi my name is ivorie and i realy want a cockatile because i have 1 lonley baby cockitile i use to have another 1 but my dad took it way and sold it to a  man please i realy want a bird im 12 years old and i realy  want your birds cause my bird named polly is realy lonley and i  want  him to be happy with a friend please may i have your birds i would realy take care of them cause im a animal lover and i would realy like it please i begg you may i have your birds i would realy apreashiate it ok thank you for reading this by

p:s i swear i would take care care of them like if it was my mom

12. saraford says:

It’s been over a year now since the cockatiels found a new home.  I’m going to close comments to this post.  Thanks everyone for your help!

-sara

13. Option Personal On Yes it’s time to sell the Subaru. (I know I rarely write purely personal posts on