Microsoft’s premier student technology competition, Imagine Cup, returns for its 12th year with three big competitions: Games, Innovation and World Citizenship. This year, you could win a trip to compete in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A., the home of Microsoft for the coveted Imagine Cup trophy and $50,000.
Imagine Cup is your chance to:
- Break new ground, solve tough problems facing the world today, and maybe even turn your ideas into a business
- Get involved in the next wave of games and applications – the future is in your hands
- Learn new technological skills
- Test yourself against the brightest students around the world
- Make new friends
- Win cash, grants, and prizes
We are getting ready for Imagine Cup Bangladesh competition. Although we lost two months in political turmoil, we had to get back on track quickly right after country’s situation has been stabilized. Despite the risk involved, we would like to put up tentative dates as below for the competition:
|March 15, 2014||Registration ends|
|April 1, 2014||Project Summary submission ends|
|April 5, 2014||Preliminary selection starts|
|April 12, 2014||Preliminary selection ends|
|April 26, 2014||Local finals|
Few photos from last year’s world finals
Similar to previous year, this blog post serves as the rules for Imagine Cup Bangladesh 2014:
- Your solution must be built on .NET Framework. Minor parts of the solution may use non-.NET components. If you are using such components make clear in the App Summary document and describe how you are using it. What is minor/major usage of non-.NET components are solely decided by Microsoft Bangladesh.
- Usage of open source projects are allowed if the respective licenses permits. Major value delivery should be done by your code not by the open source projects, which is again to be determined by Microsoft Bangladesh. For example, we generally discourage to enter with a Mono project.
- Be always ready to open Visual Studio and show your code to us at any stage mentioned above during primary selection round.
- Be mindful of the hardware-centric solution. Please refrain from planning to showcase your work to us using emulator except for Windows 8 & Windows Phone apps. If your solution has hardware interfacing, you have to demonstrate to us including the necessary hardware setup.
- We will run the competition in one category only incorporating World Citizenship, Innovation and Games into it, but respective category’s rules and judging criteria applied.
- Winning the local finals does not mean advancement to the world finals. There will be another round of worldwide competition online to decide world finalists after the local finals. Therefore, only world finalists will make it to the final competition in Seattle.
- The competition is governed solely by Microsoft Bangladesh and we reserve the rights to take necessary steps accordingly case by case basis which are not directly covered by rules documents. Other rules will be governed by Imagine Cup global rules and scoring criteria, etc. (refer to References).
- Keep this blog post handy
Few photos from last year’s local finals
Register Now before It’s Late
Read the walkthrough to the registration, team building and project submission process and register right now.