We have been hosting bootcamps in a few selected university campuses in order to introduce Imagine Cup to the students. It is not possible to go and visit over 65 universities and inspire all the students in such a short period of time. Therefore, we are laying out the timeline of the deliverables that we are going to follow in Imagine Cup Bangladesh 2013. I would recommend that you read the following carefully.
Steps to Follow:
|Get latest updates of the competition: Facebook page||All year round|
|1. Learn about rules and judging criteria||All year round|
|2. Find an idea and build the solution||All year round|
|3. Register your team here||by March 15, 2013|
|4. Submit App Summary to firstname.lastname@example.org. Download template.||by March 15, 2013|
|5. Submit 30-second video trailer to pitch and promote your solution by providing the link to email@example.com. Guidelines can be found here in the rules documents.||by March 15, 2013|
|6. Announce short-listed projects and invitation to visit Microsoft Bangladesh (MSBD)||by March 19, 2013|
|7. Showcase work in progress code to MSBD (be right on time)||March 21, 2013|
|8. Sign competition terms & conditions (for all members and mentors invited)||March 21, 2013|
|9. Publish list of local finalist teams after evaluating at Step 7||March 22, 2013|
|10. Attend grand finale (details to be shared later)||April 6, 2013|
Few Important Notes
- Your solution must be built on .NET Framework. Minor parts of the solution may use non-.NET components. If you are using such components make clear in the App Summary document and describe how you are using it. What is minor/major usage of non-.NET components are solely decided by Microsoft Bangladesh.
- Usage of open source projects are allowed if the respective licenses permits. Major value delivery should be done by your code not by the open source projects.
- Emphasize in your App Summary on how your project is making a difference.
- 30-second video trailer is a must. Use any video editing tool, but it has to be originally captured, recorded and edited by you.
- Be always ready to open Visual Studio and show your code to us at any stage mentioned above.
- Be mindful of the hardware-centric solution. Please refrain from planning to showcase your work to us using emulator except for Windows 8 & Windows Phone apps. If you solution has hardware interfacing, you have to demonstrate to us including the necessary hardware setup.
- We will run the competition in one category only incorporating World Citizenship, Innovation and Games into it, but respective category’s rules and judging criteria applied.
- Winning the local finals does not guaranty advancement to the world finals. There will be another round of competition online which will decide world finalists.
- The competition is governed solely by Microsoft Bangladesh and we reserve the right to take necessary steps accordingly case by case basis which are not directly covered by rules documents.
- Keep this blog post URL handy
Because we heavily use Facebook for our day to day communication, I would request you to reach out to our Facebook page or send me personal message instead of email. Emails are overrated – you know it. 🙂