September 2006 Sandcastle CTP is now available at Microsoft download center. Here is a summary of what's new in this CTP version:
- Visual Studio 2005 look and feel transforms.
- State of Syntax tab persists across topics in HxS build.
- Transforms for hiding explicit interface implementations.
- Index and keyword generation in HxS build. To generate Index and keyword for HxS build please modify sandcastle.config. Under the transformation step in sandcastle.config, change
<argument name=”metadata” value=”false” />
<argument name=”metadata” value=”true” />
Note: We are providing VS 2005 transforms under Presentation/VS2005 folder and the transforms shipped with the previous versions under Presentation/Prototype folder. For building VS2005 format please use sandcastle.config file from C:\Program Files\Sandcastle\Presentation\vs2005\Configuration folder as it uses shared content from C:\Program Files\Sandcastle\Presentation\vs2005\Content and transforms from C:\Program Files\Sandcastle\Presentation\vs2005\Transforms
- State of syntax tab do not persist across topics in CHM build. We will provide a hot fix for CHM after the release of September CTP.
In C:\Program Files\Sandcastle\Presentation\vs2005 folder please modify the following:
- Edit CopyHavana.bat and change the path Prototype to vs2005.
- Edit test.hhp under C:\Program Files\Sandcastle\Presentation\vs2005\Chm folder and change the value icons to art.
- Edit test.hxf under C:\Program Files\Sandcastle\Presentation\vs2005\Hxs folder and changes icons to art.
- See Also section not generated for builds with VS 2005 look and feel. Please remove the xml comments for the following section in main_sandcastle.xsl for VS 2005 transforms under C:\Program Files\Sandcastle\Presentation\vs2005\Transforms:
<!-- see also -->
<!--<xsl:call-template name="seeAlsoSection" />-->
The following bugs have been fixed for this CTP:
- Sandcastle transforms does not process all XML elements from code comments
- MrefBuilder: Display friendly log message when "comments" are missing in config file
- Bugs in documenting lists
- F-keywords are not generated by the HxS
- Exception tag from XML comments are not being populated in .chm file
- Lists are not documented properly
- Buildassembler generates indexoutofrangeexception
- Visaul bug for R:Project
- August CTP and Inherited Interface Implementations
- Overloads do not display properly in Contents-tab
- August CTP: Problem with attributed fields
- Mrefbuilder crash on several VS dlls
- Syntax tab selection does not persist across topics
- Issues with localized XML files
- HHC file name not supported with extended characters
- C++ set methods for properties are still documented with an extra comma.
- The <seealso> tag seems to work just like the <see> tag.
- The parameters just look like an empty constructor in the HTML
- August CTP : <c> tag not working
- Attributes on methods
- Aug CTP: <seealso> tag not working
- Generic types are not displayed in method declaration
- Return-only generic type parameter not listed in doc
- Where clause not part of the doc