August 2006 Sandcastle CTP is currently available at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e82ea71d-da89-42ee-a715-696e3a4873b2&DisplayLang=en. Here is a summary of what’s new in this CTP version:
- Firefox support for Sandcasltle generated HTMs
- 3 different link options (local, Index and MSDN) in sandcastle.config file.
- /internal+- option in MrefBuilder enables documentation of private APIs to be produced for the internal consumption of development teams
- Support for multi-dimensional arrays
- Support for CHM Index and root node. Additional transforms are added to CHM generation process to accomplish this.
- Support for all C# tags and html style elements in code comments
- Abilty to use environment variables in config files
- Changes to syntax for XSLTransform
Note: Sandcastle users should take note that, as part of the resolution of the XslTransform crash bug, the syntax for XslTransform has changed. To specify an XSLT you use the /xsl option, and to specify multiple XSLTs you specify multiple /xsl options. Thus the old syntax
XslTransform AddOverloads.xsl reflection.org | XslTransform AddGuidFileNames.xsl /out:reflection.xml
Has now become:
XslTransform /xsl:AddOverloads.xsl /xsl:AddGuidFileNames.xsl reflection.org /out:reflection.xml
Or, if you prefer:
XslTransform /xsl:AddOverloads.xsl,AddGuidFileNames.xsl reflection.org /out:reflection.xml
Environment variables are expanded on all input strings. XslTransform no longer supports pipelining.
The following bugs have been fixed for this CTP.
- BuildAssembler /? shows the usage as “TocBuilder” and incorrect information.
- XslTransform with no cmd line parameters crashes.
- Sandcastle.config file would support environment variables for all paths instead of just some of them.
- Typo: Info: ResolveReferenceLinksComponent: Preparing to querry MSDN topic URL web service. “querry” should be “query”.
- Error: An error occured while performing the transofmation. The error message is:… “transofmation” should be “transformation”.
- BuildAssembler: System.Null referenceException being thrown and tool dies for MREF build.
- Exception tag from XML comments are not being populated in .chm file.
- Sandcastle: CHM compile warnings should be fixed.
- Sandcastle: Buildassembler is throwing exception and the resulting CHM has several issues.
- Sandcastle losing encoding for localization builds.
- Typos in various “error” messages.
- Protected members are treated as public and C++ set methods for properties are documented with an extra comma
- Sandcastle:Lists are not documented correctly
- Sandcastle: Extra brackets in front of every parameter name
- Sandcastle – System.NullReferenceException related to interface implementation
- Sandcastle: BuildAssembler has a problem with multi-dimensional arrays
- Sandcastle: Types are missing
- Unhandled exception thrown by XslTransform
- Sandcastle is dropping the <paramref name=”blah”/> text
- BuildAssembler throws exception during attempt to overwrite a read-only file
- Sandcastle: Generated htm files are missing reflection information.
- Enable use of environment variables within Manifold BuildAssembler .config files
- Sandcastle: Issue with interfaces inheriting from generic interfaces.
- Sandcastle transforms does not process all XML elements from code comments
- BuildAssembler throws exception when processing WinSDK dlls