Announcing Sandcastle CTP

Sandcastle CTP can now be downloaded at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E82EA71D-DA89-42EE-A715-696E3A4873B2&displaylang=en

Instructions:

1. Visit the above link to download and install Sandcastle.
2. After installing Sandcastle, click here to create a sample CHM build.

Anand..

1. Comme annoncé sur le blog officiel, la première CTP (Community Technology Preview) de SandCastle, le…

2. Vimpyboy says:

Nice! 🙂

You said it supports all .NET Languages, does that include XAML?

What about general .NET 3.0?

3. aram says:

Yes we do provide XAML support. I have not provided any details about XAML with this release. I will get back with a blog about XAML support.

Internally we are using full blown version of this bits for building Framework versions. I will again get back with a blog about 3.0.

Feel free to send your feedback and it’s much appreciated.

Anand..

4. Vimpyboy says:

Okey, I´m gonna test it on some projects.

Can you blog about how to use existing files generated by VS with this tool?

5. aram says:

Mikael – Could you clarify abou what you mean by existing files generated by VS?

Do you mean /// comments in a C# file or the HxS output from Sandcastle which can be used for DExplorer (VS) integration?

Anand..

6. Vimpyboy says:

I mean the XML files with the XML comments (///) generated by VS (or with csc.exe /doc:…).

I have some projects with generated XML comment files which I want to test with sandcastle.

Can you explain how to do this step-by-step?

7. nuggetboy says:

Anand … a much-awaited post.  Thanks for this.

8. aram says:

Mikael,

The blog post http://blogs.msdn.com/sandcastle/archive/2006/07/29/682398.aspx explains how to create a CHM from xml comments.

Anand..

9. NDoc спира да се поддържа. Няма да има версия 2.0 – a NDoc folks announcing that NDoc is dead.

10. Vimpyboy says:

Please take a look at my SandCastle Helper i just released. It will help you build the documentation much easier.

Thanks,

Mikael Söderström

11. Rob Caron says:

If you’ve always wanted to create MSDN-like documentation for your managed class libraries, you’ll want…

12. Si vous avez toujours voulu créer une documentation comme MSDN pour vos assemblies, vous voudrez sûrement…

13. Sandcastle CTP is go ! Scott has some great stuff here and the offical news is here. Going to be interesting

14. I posted recently about SandCastle. The first CTP of SandCastle has been released and it also has a blog….

15. It was due to arrive, and it finally has. Microsoft have released the first CTP of Sandcastle this weekend….

16. ssj4finalflash says:

Is it possible to document private members with Sandcastle? If not, is this feature planned for a later version?

17. frankkroondijk says:

Visual Studio 2005 Sandcastle Add-In

For the ones having troubles with the scripts, here a super easy add-in, with source code.

Having troubles getting it started?, let me know!

Video:

Post with rest of the links:

Cheers,

Frank Kroondijk

fh_kro<NO-SPAM>ondijk@yahoo.com

Frank Kroondijk

18. FrankQin says:

Create MSDN-style class documentation CHM files for your assemblies

19. test says:

Welcome to part 3 of my Sandcastle under the hood-series. In part 2 , which focused on all the different

20. test says:

Update After installing the August CPT of Sandcastle, you’ll need to update to the latest version of

21. Smöråkning says:

22. Smöråkning says:

23. It was due to arrive, and it finally has. Microsoft have released the first CTP of Sandcastle this weekend.

24. NetDave says:

Am I misunderstanding this? The directions for building a CHM file look like an engine rebuild manual. I was expecting something intuitive like NDoc. There seems to be no documentation in the installation directory. What am I missing?

25. aram says:

NetDave,

This blog is about explaining the details behind the engine.

If you are an nDoc user you can get the nDoc styled GUI developed by Eric at http://www.codeplex.com/SHFB.

Please visit http://www.sandcastledocs.com for additional GUIs..etc.

Anand..

26. NetDave says:

Thanks Anand, the CodeProject article is just what I needed. Having used NDoc, I was just overcomplicating what Sandcastle is about.

27. Sandcastle (software) References Sandcastle blog