We had tested the fix and was working fine. So, went back home.
THE NEXT DAY !!!
The next day we started seeing that user is unable to submit the form at all. (STRANGE !) After a bit of analysis we figured out that, this is happening only in Chrome browser while we had verified it in Internet Explorer.
To understand this correctly, I have created a simple HTML page - Page1.html has a form and submit button, which upon clicking submits the form to another page.
}, 1, this);
So, this way browser does not block the form from submitting and submit button gets disabled after 1 milli second from the button click action. This works well in three of the browsers - Chrome, IE, Firefox.
Attaching the HTML page used for this little experiment.