Develop Without Borders Contest
Microsoft has launched a very cool contest that challenges developers around the world to design Office business applications that support non-profit organizations and encourages them to learn more about the 2007 Microsoft Office system at the same time.
The contest is called
Develop without Borders. It offers over $150,000 in prizes.
The concept is simple: Developers choose a charitable organization that they would like to help, understand the business challenges that it faces, and propose a solution based on the 2007 Office system that addresses one or more of those challenges. The solutions that make the most impact on the organization and that best utilize the Office system technologies can win up to $50,000 to help pilot or implement the solution.
This combination of education and doing something positive for the world is an exciting approach and would appreciate any help you can provide in making it a success.
If you want to help, here are some suggestions:
- If you have a Blog, please consider mentioning the contest in your blog
- Feel free to forward this mail your friends and use the attached URL for any external contacts
- Send the link to any developer (or developer organization) you think might want to enter
- Send the link to any charitable organization that might benefit from a 2007 Office system solutions
- Mention the contest in presentations you give to relevant developer/architect/IT audiences
- Add the link to your Outlook signature
The contest is worldwide and submissions can be made from all over the globe. The Develop without Borders link is http://www.developwithoutborders.com and contains eligibility information, rules and regulations, and suggestions for possible solutions.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions about the contest.
Thanks for your time,