We’re excited to let you know that we’ve just released an updated version of the Microsoft Advertising SDK for Windows Phone with support for both Silverlight and XNA. We strongly encourage you to download the Advertising SDK June 2011 Update, and start taking advantage of all of the new features and fixes such as:
- Streamlined Ad Control APIs make common tasks simpler. For example, the Ad Control will now automatically collapse itself when no ad is available; this previously this required custom code.
- Added support for ads that link to Windows Phone Marketplace. Stay tuned for news on how you’ll soon be able to promote your app by advertising in other Windows Phone apps.
- The Ad Control is now automatically available in the Visual Studio 2010 toolbox.
- Ad requests over SSL for better end-user privacy.
- Numerous bugs fixes and stability improvements.
Please note that we’ve updated some of the Ad Control APIs in this release. This means you’ll need to make a few minor changes to your app to take advantage of this updated Advertising SDK.
Look for an article on advertising best practices and how you can get the most out of the Microsoft Advertising SDK for Windows Phone in the July 2011 issue of MSDN Magazine in print and online.