You can now download the demos used in Gerald and Roger’s PDC talk on the Service Broker from SSB CodeGallery. The demos include:
- Basics – Creating metadata, beginning a dialog, sending a message and receiving a message.
- CLR Services – Writing a CLR stored proc and activating it internally, writing a CLR application and activating it externally (using the External Activator).
- CG Locking – Maintaining consistency when concurrent queue readers receive messages from the queue.
- WCF Channel – Layering the Windows Communication Foundation (“Indigo”) on top of Service Broker by implementing Request/Reply custom transport channels. [This is work in progress and hence we are not releasing this yet].
- Remote – Setting up endpoints and exchanging service listings so that services hosted in different SQL Server instances can talk to each other securely and reliably.