Part 1: Hello feeds

Hi, I’m Jane. Everyone I know spends their free time browsing the internet… whether it’s catching up on the news, reading friends’ blog, or looking for that perfect web deal, book, person. But scanning a site to see what you’ve read versus what’s new can be tiring. And it’s frustrating to find that there’s nothing new to read after all that work. With the IE7 Beta 2 Preview, we added a convenient way interacting with the internet: Subscribing to feeds. Subscribe to Feeds

Feeds are a different format of the website’s content that allows software to determine if there is something new available. It can range from a new article on msnbc.com, a new movie release on Netflix, or a new journal entry on a friend’s blog. With IE7 Beta 2 Preview, you can subscribe to your favorite websites’ feed and read new updates directly in the browser.

1. Feed Discovery Button – The Feed Discovery button tells you if there is a feed detected on the webpage you’re looking at. It lives on the Command Bar and lights up when a feed is found. Clicking on it takes you to the Feed Reading Page.

Feed Discovery Button

2. Feed Reading Page – This is the view of the feed for reading. When you subscribe to a feed, you can determine the new content versus the content that you’ve seen before. We also have controls for inline search, sorting, and filtering to quickly get to the content that is interesting to you.

Feed Reading View

3. Feed list – The list of feeds that are you subscribed sits next to your favorites. A feed is bold if there is new content available for you.

Feed List

There are 4 parts to the feed reading experience: discovering, subscribing, reading, and managing. If you want to find more, read the next two posts.

Part 2: Discovery and Subscribe

Part 3: Read and Manage

– Jane

1. Alex says:

I think using that icon to represent a feed is very dangerous when we are trying to make the icons represent "subscribe":

2. Rob says:

Alex, I think "very dangerous" might be overstating the problem just a little…

3. RuleZ023 says:

Not much on my mind lately. My life’s been completely boring these days. I’ve just been hanging out not getting anything done. So it goes.

4. Hi,

Hoodia gordonii an effective and pure herbal method for gaining weight loss. 100% pure Hoodia gordonii diet pills has no side effects. It Work postively on your body and weight loss naturally.

5. TEj says:

You can do a quick uninstall of ie7beta if all the normal methods like ad and remove files by following the steps below

1. Goto %windir% and delete ie*.log

2. Go to system32 and delete ie*.exe

3. Goto system32dllcache and delete ie*.exe

THIS IS VERY CRUCIAL

4. Goto programfileinternetexplorer and delete all the files you can delete

WINDOWS WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO DELTE SOME FILES HERE..dont worry

5. Go to regsitry using regedit and goto current_usersoftwareMicrosoft……etc Internetexplorer and delete the whole lot

LASTLY if you want a working edition of internet explorer on your computer you can now reinstall them from any instlalltion files which your computer will allow now

6. RuleZ023 says:

Not much on my mind. I don’t care. I’ve just been letting everything happen without me , but shrug. Whatever. I feel like a void.

7. RuleZ023 says:

I haven’t been up to much these days. Today was a loss. Nothing seems important. I’ve just been letting everything happen without me these days.

8. RuleZ023 says:

I feel like a complete blank, but I don’t care. Pfft. I’ve pretty much been doing nothing worth mentioning.

9. RuleZ023 says:

Basically nothing seems worth thinking about. I haven’t been up to much these days. I just don’t have much to say right now. I can’t be bothered with anything , but whatever.

10. RuleZ023 says:

11. RuleZ023 says:

I can’t be bothered with anything these days, but shrug. I just don’t have anything to say recently. I haven’t gotten much done recently. Nothing seems worth thinking about.

12. RuleZ023 says:

Basically nothing noteworthy happening right now, but eh. Today was a complete loss. I haven’t been up to much recently. I’ve pretty much been doing nothing worth mentioning.