A little GUID picker

While nowhere near the SharePoint Explorer, the below attached little GUID picker turned out to be quite useful for a quick peek at SharePoint 2007 lists' / views' GUIDs.

No need to deploy on the server. Using SharePoint's web services it can run remotely.

Disclaimer
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. Use of included utilities are subject to the terms specified here.

Enjoy GUID digging,

Ronalus

Lists.zip

1. I just stumbled accross a handy little utility that is really handy during SharePoint development: Show

2. SharePoint und Reporting Services SharePoint and Reporting Services – Introduction SharePoint and Reporting

3. SharePoint und Reporting Services SharePoint and Reporting Services – Introduction SharePoint and Reporting

4. Como se suele decir, no hay mejor forma que empezar el año nuevo con un nuevo recopilatorio de enlaces

5. milap_great says:

pretty good work dude. Your tool was really useful for me. I am using SharePoint WebServices to upload documents into MOSS site which is on different server. I would like to know how do I upload documents into specific folder inside a document library using webservices.

6. PN says:

Thanks for the amazing tool. This helped save us a lot of time !

7. Dave B. says:

Can I get the source code?   I need to get GUIDs in my code.

8. Iker says:

Hey! Great job! but I have problems to get the info because we have a ISA proxy with autenticathion…so no data is returned 🙁

9. Hi Ronalus,

just came across this tool. I need to build something almost identical for an application i am working on. I need to retrieve a list of items form a sharepoint list with a specific view. Did you posted the source code for this tool? if not could could you point me to some sample code for this?

Thanks!!

10. Ryan McDonald says:

Thanks for this great tool! I couldn't find the stupid GUID for a particular view and all I had to show for it was a XAML exception that was no help. GUIDs should be a crime! Anyway thanks again.

As others have pointed out though – it would benefit MANY people to see how you accomplished this great feat.

11. Mipiet says:

Works with O365 as well. Thank you!!!

Skip to main content