Paul Andrew just announced on the Microsoft SharePoint Team Blog that a new Community Technology Preview (CTP) version of the Visual Studio extensions for SharePoint 1.3 (VSeWSS 1.3) is now publically available on Microsoft Connect site.
New Features in VSeWSS 1.3
- The extensions now install on x64 bit OS. Visual Studio 2008 and SharePoint must be already installed.
- Command Line Build option for TFS and MSBuild integration
- Separate WSP Package and Retract commands. You can now build the WSP without deploying it
- SPSolGen to Support Exporting from Content Management Publishing Sites
- New Item Template for RootFiles Deployment
- Automatically Remove conflicting existing features on development SharePoint server
- WSP View New Feature Dialog Improvements: scope, receiver checkbox, element checkbox
- WSP View can now be used to merge features and it blocks site features being merged into web features
- Allow adding separate binary files such as Workflow assemblies
- Some refactoring allowing for Web Part renaming and removing lines from feature.xml Item Removed
- Allow selection of GAC or BIN deployment for Web Part Project not including CAS generation
- Increase visibility of hidden features that VSeWSS creates
- Add fast update deploy for DLL only or file only changes to solutions
- Numerous Bug Fixes and improvements to error messages