The team over in the Azure camp is working full steam ahead. They’ve released some cool new features again. Here’s the short list:
- ExpressRoute: Dedicated, private, high-throughput network connectivity with on-premises
- Web Sites: Backup and Restore Support
- Mobile Services: .NET support, Notification Hub Integration, PhoneGap support, and Xamarin is working like a treat!
- HDInsight: Hadoop 2.2 support
- Management: Co-admin limit increased from 10->200 users
- Monitoring: Service Outage Notifications Integrated within Management Portal
- Virtual Machines: VM Agent and Background Information Support
- Active Directory: More SaaS apps, more reports, self-service group management
- BizTalk Services: EDIFACT protocol support, Service Bus Integration, Backup and Restore
See ScottGu’s full post here.
What better to compliment these awesome new releases than the Visual Studio Online Application Insights. It gives you performance, availability and ysage data on your applications. It’s a great way to get real visibility on your applications. Check out how to get yoru preview of Application Insights set up here: http://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/get-started/find-performance-problems-vs