“Knowing when to trust a website depends in part on who publishes the website, what info they might want from you, and what you want from the site. If you're not sure whether to trust a website, consider these questions:”
- How do I know if the site I’m visiting is safe?
- Are you visiting a secure site?
- Is the website certified by an Internet trust organisation?
- Is the website owned by a company or organisation that you know well?
- Does the website ask you for personal information?
- On a retail website, is there a way to contact someone by phone or post?
- If you don't recognize the site, do you have other information to help you decide?